Sophie’s Farm is situated in the Catarman region of the Philippines and set on 4 hectares of land, 50 per cent of which is dedicated to organic farming that provides a vital source of food and work for the community.
This project offers many diverse initiatives and programs to help support the local community in a meaningful way including helping to provide:
• Early childhood education programs for more than 80 children aged between 2-4 years
• Ongoing food supply programs
• Typhoon emergency assistance programs
• Training programs to upskill the local population in organic farming, crafts and cooking
• Community support groups
• Extensive volunteer programs
Since 2011, Sacré Cœur has forged a sister community relationship with this RSCJ Mission in the Philippines, where we assist in raising funds for specific infrastructure projects, arrange for the donation of clothing and toys, and help facilitate volunteer opportunities for Sophie’s Farm.
For more information download a Sophie’s Farm brochure.